Save your toilet rolls! Fill a simple homemade cracker with personalised gifts, silly jokes, poems, dares or whatever takes your fancy! I’m looking forward to sourcing and seeing what mini gifts I can squeeze into a toilet roll for my family this year.
I have embellished these handmade crackers with our iron on patches that can be removed after, and popped onto a denim jacket. Our colourful paper balloons also fold up a treat, and are a great surprise to have inside a Christmas cracker.
What You'll Need:
Here are the bits and pieces you will need to make your own paper bag Christmas crackers.
- Paper bag 22 x 17cm
- 2 x toilet rolls
- Crepe paper
- Glue stick
- Glue gun (or double sided tape)
- Cracker fillers
Step By Step Guide:
Follow these easy steps to get started...
- Trim off the top flap of the bag and cut along one side and the base edge. Open it out flat. Cut 2 strips of crepe paper approx 3cm wide and the width of the bag. Cut a zig zag pattern along one edge and then simply glue in place
- Cut one toilet roll in half. Position all the rolls in place with a glue gun or double sided tape
- Fill the central toilet roll with a cracker snap, hat, joke and your little surprise gifts. I glued the cracker snap to the inside of the central toilet roll
- Apply glue to the reverse side edge of the cracker paper and tightly roll it around the toilet rolls and smooth down. Use a piece of ribbon to help gather up the paper between the joins. You could always leave the ribbon in place and tie a bow